Friday, August 04, 2006

Bandtastic!

So last night, in one of my dreams, I was in a parking lot sitting in my car, plugging my iPod in so I could jam out as I drove away, when suddenly someone opened the back window of my car (which actually doesn't have an openable back window) and I saw before me three tall, somewhat aged, gay men. One of whom was Mr. Grice, my former band director from high school.

One of his friends saw one of those little CD flip-case things (those things that hold likes 20 or so CDs) in my car and reached in and grabbed it and looked like he was going to walk away with it. And so I snatched it back out of his hand and was like, "What are you doing, crazy?" To which he replied that he really loved my CD case which had an emblem of the Pride of Pearland Band on it and he wanted it so badly for his daughter. And then, like such an asshole, I responded, "Well, if she ever learns to play like I did, the bitch can get her own!" and I drove away, but not without hearing the other little gay man start laughing as if to encourage me. I think that one might have been Mr. Luster, the guy who taught clarinet to the middle school beginners and who happened to be an incredible clarinetist and a genius... and the first big flaming homosexual I ever met and befriended. Oh well, I can't remember. The dream is fading.

No comments: